Quality, Excellence and Environmental Commitment Policy
The HLA Group is committed to providing Spanish society with the best comprehensive healthcare at all its hospitals, whilst protecting the environment. To do this, it has an integrated quality and environmental management system in place, based on the requirements foreseen in Rules ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, allowing it to provide its services with the utmost efficiency, promoting continuous improvement, covering the expectations of all interested parties and continuing with its commitment to environmental management and the prevention of pollution.
It belongs to an organisation offering a wide range of associated doctors, all members of a cooperative, which allow it to use the profit obtained to improve medical assistance and the quality of patient care.
HLA Group’s Senior Management has undertaken a commitment to the environment to its integrated management system. To do this, it ensures that all system requirements are integrated into the organisation’s processes. Furthermore, it establishes an integrated quality policy in line with its organisation’s complexity, providing a framework to:
- 1.- Provide services that meet quality and environmental expectations (both internal and of its stakeholders), taking into account their nature, magnitude and environmental impact.
- 2.- Establish, determine and review quality and environmental objectives.
- 3.- Establish a methodology to evaluate and control risks and opportunities, allowing it to improve the efficiency of its implemented integrated management system.
- 4.- Ensure that all applicable legal requirements are met, and any others that apply to the organisation.
- 5.- Promote learning and awareness amongst the staff in quality and environmental management matters, in order to ensure that their professional and personal skills are developed to the maximum.
- 6.- Endow material resources in order to ensure that all facilities are constantly updated and to provide the best technology, encouraging innovation in services and processes and the organisation’s continuous improvement
- 7.- Show respect, sensitivity and consideration towards all patients and their carers, and all persons working for the company, as well as its surroundings and the environment.
- 8.- Promote external and internal communication to detect the expectations of patients and other interested parties, in order to consequently act, and to facilitate the management of non-conformities, defining procedures to avoid their appearance.
- 9.- Show its express commitment to environmental protection.
This policy is distributed amongst all HLA Group employees and made available as documented information; it is also provided to all persons working under the organisation’s supervision. Likewise, it is made available to all interested parties and is periodically updated by HLA Group’s Management, in order to continuously follow the management system.
GUIDE OF GOOD ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICES
The HLA Group is committed to providing the best comprehensive healthcare, whilst protecting the environment. To do this, it has an integrated quality and environmental management system in place, based on the requirements foreseen in Rules ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 of 2015.
Below is a description of good environmental practices we recommend during your stay at one of our hospitals.
EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
We strive to reduce the impact of our activity and to use resources more efficiently.
- Do not use the toilet to dispose of waste; do not flush down foreign objects (paper, cigarette butts, etc.) or polluting substances, in sinks and toilets.
- Do not unnecessarily flush the toilet.
- Be sure that all taps are closed tightly.
- If you notice any broken and/or damaged tubes or pipes, please tell our staff.
- Moderate your use of water..
- Turn the lights off in the room when not in use.
- Moderate your use of air conditioners.
- Avoid opening windows and doors when heating/cooling systems are running.
Please keep a check on any noise that may be a nuisance. Noise is also a pollutant, and you should try and reduce it.
Our hospitals are visited daily by a large number of persons, which contributes to a greater level of generated waste. The HLA Group has provided you with different containers in which to deposit any waste generated during your stay or visit.
- Please deposit all waste in the right container. Each container is accordingly labelled, showing the type of waste.
- If in doubt as to where waste should be deposited, please ask our staff.